Monday, January 17, 2011

Pride & Taking Control - CONCLUSION 199 VERSES STUDY

This is potentially our last week with this study. I put it out there that I am willing to do another week on anxiety/worry if anyone is chomping at the bit to see me single this one out, but like I say in the podcast, this is not a heart issue. Anxiety is an issue that manifests from not believing that God is sufficient in some area of your life such as finances, acceptance, redemption etc. Take care of that heart issue, whatever it may be, and watch your anxiety melt away like the snow and ice that held our city captive last week. . . Liberating stuff.

Let me know if you are interested in me singling anxiety/worry out, otherwise we will move on to the next study. I am trying to decide between walking through my favorite book, Corrie Ten Boom’s “The Hiding Place” to focus on a what a life of faith looks like, and Stormie Omartian’s book “The Prayer that Changes Everything: The Hidden Power of Praising God”, which would be a look at how to blow open the doors of your prayer life by praying through the Word. Let me know which one sounds more appealing to you, and I will weigh your thoughts heavily into my decision.

It's also time we deal with the issue of the future of the podcasts. Do we keep doing it? Is anyone still interested in going on with us, or was that just something we did for the “Liberation” study? I need to hear from the listeners about their desires for the future.

Lastly I could not find the worship song from the study online to post on the blog, so I won’t have one for this week. It was a song with an unknown name from the group "According to John". Thank you so much, Kristen, for sharing it with us. It was a blessing!!


Pride & Control in Guilt Onion

Pride & Control in Withholding Forgiveness Onion

Pride & Control in Accepting Forgiveness Onion

Pride and Control in Seeking Guidance Onion

Pride & Control in Our Provisions Onion

Pride & Control in Our Search for Acceptance Onion

Week 6 Podcast on Pride and Taking Control- Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment