Monday, December 6, 2010

Trusting God for Guidance

Yay! I hope and pray this week is as good for you as it has been for me. I am realizing my style is to make extreme-ish sounding statements up front to get your attention and then break it down in a way that is easier to digest. I say that because this lesson needs to be listened to in its entirety to really get a picture of what God was showing me. If you quit before I get to the Mother Teresa quote, you are missing out on a big blessing from a little ol' lady who changed the world with her love for Jesus.

So, How. On Earth. Does God guide us and what does that look like in my life from day-to-day? Hopefully you are about to find out in a way that is truely liberating.

You will hear Nichole introduce a worship song that God has been using in her life. I edited out the actual song she played and posted it below so you can hear it in MUCH better quality. It jumps from Nichole saying that this song is great to listen to around Christmas time, to my short commentary on the relevance of the song she selected.

Also, there are a few confusing spots in the recording where I refer to "this". Visualize me holding up the fruit of the Spirit card. You can click on the link below and see it for yourself.

Here are my future onion ideas. Acceptance, Provision, Worry/Anxiety, Control. If you have any other ideas for issues you would like me to address, then let me know. I don't think Control will be it's own onion. I think that is the reaction that comes from several onions. However, since so many people struggle with it, I am meditating on how to best single it out and address it.

Lastly, we will not be doing an official bible study next week. Those of us who live in town will be meeting at Starbucks on Chastain at 8:30. We will be picking back up on the 20th.


I would like to introduce the listening audience to our faithful little recording device we have affectionately named, Barry, in order to help us ease any discomfort it brings us to have "him" in the room. We think he looks like he has an afro.

Week 3 Podcast on Trusting God for Guidance- Click Here

Guidance Onion

Fruit Of The Spirit Reminder Card


Matthew West's "My Own Little World"

No comments:

Post a Comment