Saturday, December 11, 2010

Trusting God for Material Provisions

The more I meditate on the next Bible study (Monday the 20th) the more I am certain it should be less of me yapping and more of you applying. I think we can all acknowledge that we lack faith in God’s sufficiency in some way. We might say it with our mouths that He is sufficient because that is the good godly thing to say, but we don’t believe it with our hearts in many cases which means we don’t live it out with our actions either. Deep down we believe He lacks sufficiency in our needs for justice, forgiveness, guidance, acceptance, a sense of our self worth, provisions, and so forth.

Now without needing to spoon feed you, we are learning, at least in theory, how to find true liberation from these bondages. Our next study is going to be on God’s sufficiency in our need for material provisions. This time I want YOU to come in on the 20th with my work done for me. Those of you online can message me with your answers. I would love to read your answers to the group. I can read it anonymously if you so chose, but let’s hear from you.

Here’s your challenge:

  1. Go through the 199 verses book and/or the Bible and find verses about God’s sufficiency for all of your material needs. Maybe it would also be good to find out what God’s idea of “needs” is.
  2. What lies are you fed and/or believing to the contrary of those verses you have found? Any doubts you have while you are reading your scriptures, record. Let yourself mediate on what life would be like without those doubts. This does not have to be a dissertation. It can be chicken scratch on a post it note. Just write it out.
  3. Fill out an onion diagram for yourself. I have posted one you can print on the blog that should get the ball rolling.
  4. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Let me know if you have any questions. I am happily here to help.


Provision Onion

I am praying for you!!

Rochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment